Recognising stand out creativity and innovation in online gambling
Virtual Awards ceremony:
30 June 2021
4pm - 7pm BST
Your Title Here
2021 WINNERS AND JUDGES COMMENTS
Affiliate marketing campaign
- Stand out use of talent on social media channels to drive affiliate performance in an engaging & editorially-compelling fashion. A clear winner in terms of catching attention in a fast-growing and competitive market.
- Old school partnerships, sponsorships and promotions done well and on a huge scale.
Best native app
- Slick and ergonomic design with UI/UX in mind. With new games launched weekly, returned play is incentivised. Along with personalised content, players build a profile they would want to return to.
- Great to see that the creators looked around for examples outside of their competition and the industry, and didn't just concentrate around features available among main competitors.
Best use of a brand ambassador
- Love the way they have chosen a very different type of brand ambassador, an outsider to the sport and therefore a disruptor, which aligns with BitCasino.
- Clever marketing - particularly innovative creating slots game with an ambassador, not many competitors do this.
Bingo marketing campaign
- A creative & media-worthy PR campaign which ultimately delivered hard numbers to the bottom line, which is not the norm for a campaign of this nature.
- Textbook example of a challenger brand in action. Identify your target audience, take the time to understand who they are and what floats their boat and then create a campaign that presses every single one of their buttons.
Brand of the year
Sky Betting & Gaming
- Sustainably minded brand building and promotion - truly long-term and socially conscious brand. - Great customer loyalty programs, great performance marketing execution and great RG initiatives are all standard in the industry today. Sky Betting and Gaming’s submission offered something over and above this.
Casino innovation in responsible gambling
- Kindred Group lead the industry across focussed RG innovation. The public commitment to 0% revenues by 2023 from harmful gaming is an ambitious and responsible objective from a company that leads the way in RG.
- Excellent investment in RG by kindred and clear, focussed, and measurable performance.
Casino marketing campaign
- Excellent campaign showing localized approach to innovation and communication. Tapping into a minority sport rich with tradition and making a mega star of a unique personality. Well executed and received.
- Very well-presented entry, mirroring the efforts and success of the campaign.
Sky Betting & Gaming
- Super6 continues to be the market-leading CRM product for the recreational customer and this latest iteration demonstrates impressive performance on the back of an already high bar.
- SBG's commitment to market-leading products and responsible marketing is apparent here and the campaign also demonstrated a strong creative approach using household name, Jeff Stelling, in a way that kept things fresh when it could have been easy to become tired.
Innovation in casino
- Novibet continues to create new and innovative ways to engage with its users. Greater focus has been applied to customer retention and acquisition by polishing established games, user retention through giveaways, and further user acquisition by targeting female users based on their interests.
Innovation in esports
- Outstanding list of functionality. Genuinely innovative.
- Unikrn has had a year jam packed with innovation. uMode and Teamfight Tactics are both high quality features that customers love. Their b2b success has also been admirable.
- Impressive submission with KPIs to substantiate their claim to this award.
Innovation in horseracing
RaceBets - Betsson Group
- Excellent product, with more enhancements last year. Sure to be a significant player in Latam.
- Racebets is developing nicely and has some good features. Being horse racing focused the experience is well tailored allowing customers to track horses.
Innovation in marketing campaign -For affiliates only
- A genuinely innovative campaign with a fixed start and end date and the entry provides clear metrics about success. The gamification of betting through the festival clearly provided greater engagement.
- A very strong campaign that has created a highly engaging mechanic and was able to provide genuine uplifts in key metrics, from engagement to bets staked.
Innovation in mobile and tablet
- Impressed with App Store rating for new app.
- Great success in terms of app rating - sign they are doing things right. They also have more choice than others, however, haven't forgotten about the personalisation.
Innovation in poker
- PokerStars continues to explore new possibilities across the Poker landscape with mobile first, VR and new features such as animations.
- Excellent entry showcasing PokerStars commitment and significant investment of risk-appetite and resources towards innovation.
Innovation in sports betting
- Pointsbet have come to the market and have proven innovation, setting themselves apart from the croud.
- Having an O&O product is a real advantage. One of few points of product differentiation and a nice balance to the promotion/shout as loud as you can marketing approaches of their competitor set. The exclusivity of Pointsbet's product offering combined with the market position they have established, makes them a worthy winner of the innovation award.
Innovation of the year
- Low6 has been a market leader in sports betting innovation in the judging period, as exemplified by their entry and is a clear winner.
- Idea and concept has been around for a while but Low6 have succeeded where others couldn't through intelligent implementation and execution.
- Replacing bitcoin into betcoin - very clever and very innovative. Smart contracts in gambling are not new, but what is new is the concept of using blockchain to generate the equivalent of 'betcoin' with the acting of betting taking the place of traditional mining.
Mobile marketing campaign
Betsafe (Betsson Group)
- This is what it's all about! Innovative outside-the-box thinking with outstanding results well done Betsafe
Personalised marketing campaign
- Really like the personalised video idea and not surprised to see the great results.
- A fun, personal campaign backed up with an attractive offer. The messaging was definitely tailored and very positive. Commercially a great way to celebrate the anniversary.
Poker marketing campaign
- This has clearly been a hugely impactful campaign for 888. It’s through the line activity from using influencers to TV ads, was really well designed and targeted. It has been extremely successful as can be seen in the 888 app download rates and other metrics.
Social marketing campaign
- A reputable and philanthropic endeavour from Betsson, raising money for a location badly affected by COVID. With the majority of volunteers and donations being received from Estonian sources, the use of local athletes makes the campaign more personable. The campaign also encourages sharing. This lets people show off the good they've done and increases the campaigns' organic visibility.
- It's not just an example of Social Marketing, but Socially Responsible campaign. Might be a rare situation when a gaming brand was not just promoting their brand or product, but was truly working for the better of the community.
Socially responsible marketing campaign
- After seeing that users haven't responded to the traditional methods and language, Gamesys has developed a new campaign with a greater focus on normalising and bringing awareness to their safer gambling tools. This shows a level of conscientiousness for their players, moving away from the more patronising language, favouring a more relatable and inclusive voice.
- The entry provides clear evidence of understanding customer needs, thorough research into the problem and plenty of data to confirm the success and results achieved.
Sportsbook innovation in responsible gambling
- Kindred shows excellent commitment to responsible gambling and player protection. Stating the objection of zero winnings from problem gamblers is excellent and gives the whole company clear direction. Backed up by marketing campaigns promoting responsible gambling. Kindred is doing great things in this area and it’s investment in its players will pay dividends in the long term.
Sportsbook marketing campaign
- An innovative take on Cheltenham, in particular with regards to social distancing and referencing the 'Christmas for horse racing fans'. Good use of brand ambassadors, and again linking association with football for cross sell.
Supplier marketing campaign
A GAME ABOVE
- Clear, sensible strategy, using management experience to strike right tone.
- They took a brief to acquire and retain more customers and met it, liked the fact they then kill the campaign as so many people keep going till it fails.